Friday, September 11, 2009

14th Weather Squadron - Active duty military in Asheville, NC!

I am so happy about being approached to donate some portrait sessions to the 14th Weather Squadron for their quarterly awards. The 14th is a primarily Air Force active duty military group stationed here in Asheville, NC. After being raised an Army brat and growing up on military bases, I was feeling out of touch with the military community and was so glad to find out that there is an active duty military community right here in Asheville! I had the pleasure of meeting a few of them the other day. They were so nice and reminded me how proud I am of my military heritage. I was told many times to thank my father and to thank my brother (when he returns from deployment) for their service.

On this, the anniversary of 9/11, I need to take a moment and thank our military for all they do.

Here is a family portrait from a few years back, with my mom, dad (retired Army), Grandfather (retired Army), sister, brother (active duty Navy) and myself. I love you all! Praying for Will's safe return.